Housing Authority of the Town of Beaufort
716 Mulberry Street
Beaufort, NC 28516
(252) 728-3226 Phone
(252) 728-3210 Fax
Applications are not accepted without an interview. Be sure you call to schedule your interview only after you have all of your documentation together.
Be sure that you are on time for your appointment, late arrivals or incomplete documentation will lead to a forfeit of your appointment. If you know that you are going to be late or need to reschedule call as soon as possible to inform the office and reschedule your appointment.
Certified copies of birth certificates can be obtained by contacting the Register of Deeds in the county of birth. These usually require a small fee and a short time to mail.
If you are in doubt about any part of the process please call our office for assistance.
Information you will need for all family members:
* Social Security Cards - No copies please
* Birth Certificates - Certified copies only
Information you need for all adult family members:
* Picture ID - No copies please
* Marriage/Divorce/Legal Separation Documents
* All verifiable sources of income with name and contact number for employers or social workers:
a. SSA or SSI benefits b. Wage, Salary, Overtime pay, Commissions, Tips, Bonuses, Other compensation for personal services c. VA Benefits d. Food Stamps e. TANF f. Child Support g. Unemployment Benefits h. Disability Compensation
* All names and addresses of current and previous landlords for the past 5 years
* Phone and Fax numbers for all contacts.
To receive updates and information on upcoming events and meetings please join our mailing list!